Monday, December 20, 2010

Good News Today!

After the alphabet soup of tests on Friday, Doctor says the cancer has not spread!  That is probably the best news I have ever heard in my entire life.  Special thanks to my dear friend and sister from another mother, Anne Elizabeth who went with me today to get the results.  Mom had left on Friday for Florida, I had insisted she keep the flight plans that had been scheduled months ago.  I will not let this rule our lives, anymore than it will already. There are plenty of plans that will be changed because of it so while we are still a little in control I am taking full advantage.  On that note, my annual Steamboat trip got the go ahead from Dr. T today too.  I still have three other doctors to get in to see plus some additional test results we need before a time line of treatment is confirmed.  So it looks like sometime mid-January we will start chemo.  After a couple of rounds of chemo we will go in for surgery and than 4-5 more rounds of chemo and then 6-8 weeks of radiation.  Looks like my calendar is already filling up for 2011! 
I leave tomorrow for Panama City and I cannot wait to get there and be with my family!  I will close out this blog with a picture of my guardian angel that Anne Elizabeth's daughter, Peyton, drew for me.  The prayer was written by Carson her other daughter, with prayers and support like this Cancer doesn't stand a chance!!!


3 comments:

  1. God is so good. Can't wait to see your young, slender, smiling self in Steamboat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a Christmas wish come true! So glad to hear it is localized and you are ready to take this thing head on, Have a blast in PC with the family. God is good. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am printing this and hanging it on my wall to remind me to think positive thoughts and say prayers for you everyday too. Kids are the best and so much smarter than us!

    ReplyDelete